Passages by Ira Sachs sets the tone for the cold change in seasons – a people’s favourite that has got us all up in our feels.
In conversation with Sophie, writer-director Ira candidly shares how his personal experiences of living in Paris & the mesmerising Franz Rogowski helped shape such a poignant film. From obsessively watching 3 films a day to being a student of Japanese icon Yasujirō Ozu – Ira reveals the ecstasy & risk in filmmaking.
If you missed the chance to watch it in cinema, it’s available still on MUBI.
Partnership with MUBI
We are delighted to announce our new partnership with MUBI, a curated streaming platform. Together, we offer you 30 days free to watch hand-picked films discussed in the ongoing podcast series, a LAB111 podcast celebrating the intricate wonders of cinema.
(click on the links for tickets to screenings at LAB111)
- Passages (Ira Sachs, 2023)
- Gloria (Sebastián Lelio, 2013)
- Little Men (Ira Sachs, 2016)
- Frankie (Ira Sachs, 2019)
- Happy End (Michael Haneke, 2017)
- Early Summer (Yasujirō Ozu, 1951)
- Early Spring (Yasujirō Ozu, 1956)
- I Was Born But… (Yasujirō Ozu, 1932)
- Good Morning (Yasujirō Ozu, 1959)